Production chains Guide in Farming Simulator 22
Production chains Guide in Farming Simulator 22
You can see that in the production map of Farming Simulator 22 only the dependencies of animal husbandry and farming are shown, but the income is skipped. You can find this information in Summary and Profitability, that includes the prices of the plants with the appropriate income for a hectare.
In order to get straw, you will need to use the following grains: oat, barley and wheat. There is no need to gather it, instead just program your harvester to throw it on the field. There is also a possibility to sell your straw for money because animals such as pigs and cows need it for producing manure. Moreover, horses utilize the straw too because they need it in order to increase their value and to stay clean. You can buy straw in selling points and you can also remake it into bales.
If you want to make Chaff in Farming Simulator 22, you can easily do that from almost any grain that is available – soy, oat, canola, corn, wheat or barley. Charff works similar to grass and you can swap it in the silage when you put it into a silo and it is very good to use for feeding cows. What we want to remind you is that the only efficient way to produce chaff from the money perspective is with corn. On the other hand, if you want to harvest chaff, simply utilize the forage harvesters and don’t forget the specific headers for each of the grains.
There are two separate options for you to create silage. The first one by placing chaff, grass or straw in silos, covering it with tarp and mowing it over with a tractor. The process is quite easy because you will be getting your product in 24 hours. For the second method, you will be needing a wrapper and a bale press. That is because if the bales are ready then they will become silage in 24 hours. You should really use silage as cow feed, it’s our best suggestion, because of the effectiveness of the silage – it’s so good that you will really get your money’s worth from them compared to the amount it takes to make it.
It really can be a very profitable way of making money if you decide to make chaff from corn. Our suggestion is to utilize the silos that are near the Biogas plant and you can also sell all of your silage there too. What’s good is that the price of the silage is steady and as a bonus you will get to keep compost that’s free. Of course, in order to do all this you will have to buy the biogas plant first.
- Buy your baled silage at the selling point;
- Mix all types silage like straw, chaff or grass and then cover the silo;
In the world of Farming Simulator 22 water is only used for animal feeding, water is not needed for the fields or any other field work. Also, you don’t need it for the cleaning of the machinery. You can get the water from special tanks that are all over the map, rivers or ponds and also from private tanks too. The water is moved by tankers trailers and it is mandatory for the animal husbandry (not for hens though). If there’s no water, the production will stop and nobody wants that. What’s good to know is that animals won’t die, so there’s time for you to fix the water shortage problem.
Farming Simulator 22 allows players to grow all kinds of animals – sheep, pigs, cows, hens and horses. Of course, every single kind of animal wants different treatment and you can earn different amounts from growing these animals. There are some general rules for most animals, like the need of water and regular feeds and cleaning too. You usually have to clean the feed that gets away from the feeders. There are some exceptions of course but will tell you a bit more in this article.
- Cows – another animal that requires extremely a lot of effort. If you want high effectiveness you need to feed them mixed feed or silage. Just to explain a bit more why these animals are very demanding – it is mainly because they will eat a lot of food, you have to take care of them regularly and cows will make a lot of fertilizer. In addition, the cows will produce milk for you that you will be able to sell at the selling point.
- Pigs – this is probably the toughest of business because in order to be effective, you will need to feed them 7 types of plants. You have to mix the feed, like get some corn and add one more type of grain, it’ll add up to 50% effectiveness. If it’s too complicated, you can get specific pig feed at the store and it will give you around 100% effectiveness. You can get your money back very quickly because pigs reproduce easily and they will produce slurry and manure that you can sell.
- Hens – you can feed your hens by buying some simple food like oats or wheat and the hens will give you eggs. They also can reproduce rather easily so if you decide to grow your business by raising hens, you will have to raise around fifty.
- Horses – you can buy their food in the shop because it is straw or can also be oats. You can make your money when raising horses if you manage to increase their value. Imagine, it can go up to 50000$ per one unit! In order to increase the value of your horses you have to make sure that they eat both oats and straw, they have enough water, you also need to ride them every day and afterwards you must always clean them. Lastly, after all cleaning, make sure they have enough straw to be around because this influences their cleanliness.
- Sheep – you can feed your sheep with straw or grass which is very simple food again, so the production will be quite effective. You can earn money with them because they produce wool and getting it is very easy too.
Cotton and Sugarcane
The only reason why you would want to grow sugarcane or cotton is for the money. You can sell them! They aren’t used for anything other than that. If you want to get into that business, you will need to buy special vehicles that are going to be used only for these crops. But we promise this is going to be profitable!
- If you own a specific harvester and a loading wagon then you will be able to harvest your cotton much quicker, which will allow you to grow the cotton easier too! You have to have 1-2 hectare fields where you will plant and sow your cotton, this will give you the best effectiveness.
- For the sowing of the sugarcanes, you will be good with smaller fields because when you sow it once, the sugarcanes grow back easily and you can harvest again. Sugarcanes make large crops, so the harvest can get a bit slower, but it is all worth it. You will be able to sell them on for a good price!